Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Weight Loss Experiment Results

The scale and body fat measures both say I am a failure.  What do you think?  (see pics below) 

The program, just to review...

All the indulgences (defined as approximately 15 grams of carbs) I want...my favorites being chips, beer, chocolate, pizza, and less often cookies.  BUT, I must pay off each serving with additional protein (to minimize insulin spikes), and one set of my "Baby Patterns" exercises. 

Six sets, for a total of six minutes of exercise per day.  Plus one additional set per indulgence serving...so if I have 2 slices of pizza, medium bag of chips, and 2 beer, I would add 7 sets, or 13 minutes total.  I sneak 2 or 3 sets in, consecutively (no rest time), throughout the day...so no gym time, waiting for equipment, or even time resting between sets.  I do 2-3...maybe 4, and go back to what I was doing. 

Protein snacks between meals and a full serving (20-25 grams) of protein with each meal.  My favorite and most common protein snack is a handful of raw almonds and dark chocolate gogi berries.  My favorite protein serving is red meat, bacon, ham, pepperoni, cheese, chicken (especially thighs), and eggs.  Plus I use Clearvite, a "detox" protein drink in my smoothie, and Dream Protein, a whey protein shake in my coffee.  With the coffee, smoothie, and breakfast, I get 30-50 grams of protein in the morning (sometimes I don't eat breakfast, I just drink it).   

Green veggies, and more green veggies.  Green smoothie using spinach in the morning.  Green soup or stir fry with meals (mostly broccoli with other veggies).  Green salads with lettuce, spinach, broccoli slaw, cabbage, etc.  And I use Greens First, a dehydrated and powdered greens drink that is all green veggies and some fruit (added to my spinach shake). 

And my secret weight loss strategy...the Indulgence Antidote.  This consists of a supplement for the liver (MetacrineDX), Gall Bladder (Bilemin or AF Betafood), NAC (an amino acid), an herbal blend for the liver (Culvers Root + Milk Thistle), an herbal blend for the adrenals (ginseng, smilax, calendula, and a few others, called Phytodren), fish oils, ginger root, and a single B vitamin based on personal genetic needs, which for me is B6, and for Sonya is Folate.  (If you don't know, use a product called MethylSP). 

The important point here is that I CAN DO THIS!  I did it...first "after" picture ever (and many attempts).  Sonya can do this (her after pictures were great...not perfect, but clear, visible improvements).  And we will continue to do this...it's too easy and too effective NOT to continue. 

Both of us have battled with giving up carbs...let's not eat any wheat this month...let's not have any sugar this month...beer, chips, snacks, treats, wine...  We stopped quitting and started doing some very precise things...mostly supplements and foods...that support our energy systems (fat is an energy issue), and our health.  And we both sustained and had steady improvement. 

There are many paths up the mountain...you just have to find one that works for you...that is sustainable and produces positive results.  This is my path up the weight loss mountain.  I invite you to see if this trail works for you, if that is one of your goals. 

Results Pictures



No comments:

Post a Comment